- Prepare Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Works, Specifications and all contract documentation, ensuring that these comply with the project brief and timescale, budget estimates, all relevant legislation, regulations and policies
- Prepare preliminary estimates, cost plans, feasibility studies including advising company on economical construction methods, procurement, programming and contract matters, to enable costs to be accurately advised to clients.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Prepare reports with recommendations on new work and work in progress for the site and Executive Management team, so that progress can be monitored and appropriate decisions made
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Providing insight on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and liaising with the Finance to arrange payments.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- preparation of contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials
- Conducts on-going cost analysis of all construction work; feasibility studies of client requests; site visits, assessments and projections for future work
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Quantity Survey
- 7-10 years construction industry experience
- Membership of relevant professional body (NIQS, RICS)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and interact with all levels of personnel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)