The QS reports directly to the Commercial Manager and is to assist in maximizing project margin and add value to the construction process by assisting in procurement, cost management and reporting and driving best value from suppliers and subcontractors. Maximize value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations, timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontract.
- Preparing cost budgets for construction projects (BOQ);
- Evaluate work completed on site to verify contractor claims;
- Prepare valuation and payment certificates;
- Prepare and maintain project budgets to reflect project financial status;
- Prepare project cash flow projections;
- Assist in compiling BOQ and tender documentation for each discipline per project; assist in managing tender process, tender results evaluation and recommendation on tender award;
- Assist in the preparation of contract documentation;
- Assist in contract administration/ management;
- Final valuation of projects and the preparation of the final project account for Commercial Manager’s ratification;
- Provide guidance in respect of construction techniques, procurement, construction approach and construction approach and costing relative to best practice, and in line with Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
Specific Duties/Principal Accountabilities
A) Contract Surveying:
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Commercial vetting of sub contractor tenders and contracts and where necessary due diligence on contractors and vendors for Commercial Manager’s ratification.
- Certification of contractor monthly valuations and final accounts for Commercial Manager’s ratification.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
B) People Management:
- Able to work well within a team based environment.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Assist Commercial Manager with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying
- Professional license will be an added advantage
- With at least 2-3 years practical experience on construction site
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- MS Office Application Proficient
- Must be knowledgeable in Cost Estimates and Contracts
- Good Communication skills
- Able to deal with different types of people
- Must be flexible and very hardworking
- Must be very good at measurement of Building and Civil Engineering work.
Send resumes to email@example.com