- The Quarry Manager oversees the day-to-day operational details of routine work, administrative matters and reporting to the Plant Manager.
- Ensuring the exploitation and supply of the basic raw materials (limestone), which meets the factory requirements for the production of clinker.
- Ensuring that all safety rules and regulations in the Mines manual containing Mineral Act Cap 121 of 1946 are strictly adhered to in the operational environment to record a zero accident occurrence.
- Monitoring the activities of the overburden contractors engaged in the overburden removal to abide by the lay down procedure for the operation.
- Monitoring and inspecting the perimeter drainage and the quarry face drainage to avoid flooding. Also, supplying enough water to the process and cooling water tanks for the raw milling process.
- Monitoring and maintaining the overburden tip restoration process (planting trees) to stabilize the tips and serves as screen to the blasting noise.
- Effective cost evaluation of the quarry operations to meet the international standards. Comparing actual cost with the budgeted cost. (Budget planning and budgetary control).
- Ensuring that scheduled maintenance is carried out on all quarry plants as at when due to avoid major breakdown.
- The Quarry Manager prepares the annual capital and revenue budgets for the department and monitors/controls costs by attending the Plant Budgetary Control Meetings.
- The Quarry Manager ensures the inventory of all explosives and its accessories to assure accountability and to raise the departmental requisition when re-ordering level is attained.
- To appraise the immediate subordinate(s).
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
- Essential & Desirable Skills
- Degree in Mining Engineering/Geology or Equivalent.
- Registered with Council of Nigerian Mining Engineers and Geo sciences and Nigerian Society of Mining Engineer.
- Must have good interpersonal relationship.
- Must have ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Must be a good listener and have high level of organization skills.
- Must have an alert mind and patience.
- Must be logical in reasoning and approach to issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be a good team player
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have Analytical Skills
- Must have knowledge of safety skills
- Must have good response for training and information dissemination
- Must have ability to detect training needs, plan and develop subordinates.
- Must have 4 - 6 years mining/quarry experience.
- Must have knowledge in-mining/geomapping and raw mix logic simulation.
- Must have high level of problem solving to define solutions for quarry operations.
- Must have good knowledge of drilling, blasting and crushing operations.