Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 54,600 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 7,200 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.65 billion on sales of $19.2 billion in 2014.
Job Title: QuickServe Champion
- Serve as key customer contact to promote quality customer service and increase business within the branch location.
- Assesses customers needs, gathers pertinent information, and opens work orders; provides quotes, develops claims, prepares repair plans, schedules work, and provides status updated to customers on repair work in the shop;.
- Develops diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans by determining the length of repair based on parts and labor availability; reviews diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans with the Service Supervisor prior to customer contact; works with the Service Supervisor to schedule shop job assignments.
- Develops positive relationships with key customers; resolves customer concerns regarding Cummins? or distributor warranties; explain charges to customers.
- Monitors key performance metrics for the workshop, including labor productivity and customer satisfaction.
COS - Have very little knowledge of the understanding and use of continuous improvement through the lens of the COS ten practices.
Facilitating Internal Relationships and Consensus - Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. It will often involve ability to influence because people on your team will very rarely report directly to you as a leader. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
Manage Customer Relationship - Basic understanding of techniques and tools to enhance productivity (i.e. schedules, appointments, call plans, etc). Has a basic understanding of attitudes and behaviors to establish relationships and build trust. Understands the need to and responds with the appropriate time frame to customer needs. Identifies decision makers and those influential in the decision process and effectively communicates with them. In managing this relationship, displays core values (e.g. empathy, etc.) and is able to adequately interrogate matter to identify root concerns.
Develops Systems and Processes - Some knowledge or awareness of how to develop systems and processes. Limited application of systems and processes to improve and complete work. Documents simple work processes and procedures.
Innovate - Some knowledge or awareness of innovation. Approaches problems with curiosity and open mindedness. Generates new ideas within area of responsibility. Contributes own perspective in collaborative innovation efforts.
Analyze Issues - Some knowledge or awareness of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates basic analysis of issues and some application of logic and problem solving skills. Identifies the connection between different issues and problems.
Tolerance of Ambiguity - Can decide and act without having all the details of a situation. Tolerates uncertainty. Can comfortably assess the risk of uncertainty. Acts resourcefully when dealing with ambiguous situations. Shows some evidence of the skill being performed. Can demonstrate a basic knowledge of the skill.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in field appropriate for the function required.
- Minimal relevant work experience required.
- Train and develop Service Advisors, Service Writers, and Shop Foremen in the skills, knowledge, attitude and effort required to consistently execute the Quickserve process well.
- Ensure Senior Distributor Leaders understand basic elements of the Quickserve process and resource dependencies. Keep leadership apprised of performance, issues, and needs.
- Ensure that the quantity and ratio of Service Admin staff to Service technicians at each branch is appropriate for optimum process performance, and work with Distributor senior leaders to correct related issues.