The main purpose of this role is to lead expertise in tea processing and ensure technical delivery of innovation, renovation and value improvement projects. This will involve close partnership across functions (R&D; Supply Chain; Marketing; Procurement) as well as key external partners.
- Lead the R&D design, installation and commissioning of innovative tea processing pilot plant and factory operations
- Deliver functional specifications and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for factory operation
- Drive continuous improvement of existing tea production processes
- Assessment of the safety and environmental impact of pilot plant and factory production facilities
- Lead risk assessment, HACCP studies and ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage and lead technical workstreams including: process design, formulation, packaging, specifications, consumer insight, and safety, regulatory and intellectual property to deliver projects
- Manage and lead `Open Innovation’ partners to deliver projects
- Ensure clear management of diverse stakeholder groups
- A degree / diploma or equivalent in a technical discipline such as food processing or chemical engineering
- Minimum HACCP (level 3)
- Experience of project leadership/management and delivery in an international environment
- Significant experience of implementing product or process development improvements in an FMCG.
- Proven ability to translate consumer habits and needs into in-market product/pack innovation and evidence of delivery of this.
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Growth Mindset
- Bias for Action
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Building Talent & Teams