A radiology tech job description includes their primary duty of performing diagnostic imaging examinations using x-rays. Additional job duties include:
- explaining the procedure to the patient
- positioning the patient properly
- positioning radiation protection devices such as lead shields
- setting x-ray equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patients body
- setting controls on the x-ray machine to produce x-rays or radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast
- placing the x-ray film under the part of the patients body to be examined and make the exposure
- removing the film and developing it
- following physicians orders precisely
- keeping patient records and adjust/maintain equipment.
- preparing work schedules and evaluating purchases of equipment.
This job position is also available in Benin, Osogbo, and Kaduna