- Assessing patients and their clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques.
- Performing a range of radiographic examinations on patients to produce high-quality images.
- Observing and maintaining contact with patients during their waiting, examination and post-examination stay in the department.
- Assisting in more complex radiological examinations working with radiologists and doctors and surgeons.
- Providing support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
- Recording imaging identification and patient documentation quickly and accurately and observing protocols to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and patient confidentiality.
- Supervising assistant practitioners, students and other staff, and delivering appropriate education and training;
- Understanding and observing health and safety at work and welfare issues.including ionising radiation regulations.
- Ensuring that equipment is regularly checked for malfunctions and any faults are reported.
This job position is also available in Port-Harcourt and Akure.