- The Rapid Response Specialist directly reports to the Field Coordinator and leads the program emergency team in Yobe State, Nigeria.
- The Rapid Response Specialist is responsible for providing strategic leadership and administrative oversight of the emergency response.
- She/he will lead the needs identification, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of emergency activties.
- He/she is responsible for exploring opportunities for scaling up and expand the emergency response in line with country strategic plan.
- The incumbent ensures that new relief programs are designed in a way they will be transitioning into long term development opportunities.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Ensure that the startup / scale up of the WASH and FSL response is well coordinated and timely and qualitatively implemented.
- Ensure that logistic, security and administrative ACF procedures are in place in the new project locations in the shortest possible delay.
- Ensure that program implementation is coordinated with other humanitarian actors, operating in the same geographic location (Protection, Gender, WASH, FSL)
- In collaboration with the Technical Coordination team, analyze of the broad humanitarian emergency trends by attending regular coordination meetings at national level, field assessments, and secondary data from other sources.
- Serve as a point of contact for all ACF emergency programs in Nigeria and build collaborative relationships with UN agencies, INGOs and relevant Government agencies who are active in Nigeria's emergency response.
- He/she provides the coordination team with up-to-date emergency humanitarian information and possible scenario analysis and contingency planning.
- In collaboration with the Coordination team, identifies humanitarian needs, provides relevant future trends for geographic and sector positioning throughout the country in a timely fashion.
- Manage the emergency team fostering professional development and team building through regular meetings and effective HR management.