Group Finance is a corporate function that serves the overall Standard Bank group across a variety of accounting disciplines – internal and external reporting, budgeting and planning, tax, technical accounting and investor relations. It also runs the bank’s capital management and regulatory reporting teams and the financial shared services processing centre. Group Finance has its own, dedicated SAP technical support and development team and a new financial systems and process improvement programme team known as Refine.
• To generate reconciliation reports, monitor trade settlement and carry out other financial control assignments delegated from time to time.
• General reconciliation is required to ensure general balances are error free thereby enhancing the integrity and accuracy of the company financials.Key responsibilities
• Reconciliation of general ledgers.• Upload and reconciliation of SAP Financials• Daily trade settlement and receivable management.• Maintenance of fixed asset register• Reporting of month end intercompany balances• Computation of tax implications of financial transactions, deduction and remittances of same within set deadlines. • Update financial information disclosure template• Liaison with external auditors, bank’s Finance unit and any other unit as may be required in the course of the job.
Key performance measures
• Resolution of outstanding items within the set deadline• Reporting of month-end intercompany balances before 12 noon of first working day of the new month.• Daily advice of accurate trade settlement before 9am. • Ensuring that net book value of fixed assets is accurately reported on a consistent basis.• Timely reporting and resolution of all general ledger differences• Timely remittances of statutory obligations• Ensuring that all relevant financial information is updated on a daily basis for prompt financial decision.Required Skills and QualificationsPersonal competencies
• Excellent interpersonal skills• Attention to details• Be proactive and innovative• Ability to work as a good team player• Ability to manage people resource.
• First degree in Accounting or other relevant Finance/Accounting Degree, ACA, ACCA, CFA.
• 2-3 years’ experience working in a similar environment
• A good understanding of Stock broking.
•Relating procedure manual with transaction processing.
• Good communication skill
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel Spreadsheet