Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Records managers are responsible for accurately, securely and effectively managing information received and produced by a wide range of public and private sector organisations.
- establishing new records management systems
- developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating existing systems
- managing staff
- providing advice
- writing reports and publications
- administering records management programmes
- dealing with enquiries and requests for information from both internal and external clients
- ensuring compliance with applicable fiscal, legal or administrative requirements such as ISO9000 certification
- classifying and indexing records
- destroying or archiving finished data/records
- ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed
- providing training to staff that have responsibility for managing records.
A degree in archive studies, information science, records management, information management, librarianship or museum studies is required