- Effective management of recoveries on 180dpd & written off accounts in line with specialised recoveries strategies and after write-off strategies.
- Manage external agencies in line with approved SLAs.
- Action incoming correspondence within agreed timelines.
- Issue repossession orders as advised by relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain an accurate register of all repossessed items.
- Keep accurate records and control movement of files between the Bank and external agencies.
- Ensure written off accounts are blacklisted on all credit bureaux.
- Coordinate the asset disposal process end to end.
- Ensure file closure of irrecoverable accounts in line with approved processes.
- Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and SBG requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action/sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
Key Performance Measures:
- Recoveries metrics as agreed in KRAs.
- Collections rate on NPL book as agreed in KRAs.
- NPL not to exceed 10% of total book.
- Accurate capture and follow up of payment plans.
- Monthly stock checks.
- Monthly reporting on all recovery activities (in-house & outsourced).
- Incoming correspondence actioned within 48 hours.
- Annual review of closed files.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all internal stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service.
- Manage and maintain relationships with external agencies to achieve desired results.
- Required Skills and Qualifications.
- Knowledge, experience and personal competencies.
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutory legislation and all legal procedures
- Sound knowledge of Bank’s products.
- Branch network knowledge.
- Minimum of a first Degree in Social Sciences.
- 6 years experience in debt collections.
- Communications skills
- Conflict management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team work and cooperation
- Good reporting skills
- Sound judgement abilities