Contacts delinquent loan customers to negotiate repayment plans that are acceptable to the Bank and customers.Customer contact is via telephone, letters, and indirectly through field collectors, recovery agents and attorneys.
• To manage and control all matters relating to delinquent CB accounts (Unsecured, Secured & Staff Loans) by constantly executing collection & recovery procedures and ensuring appropriate actions are taken to ensure full recovery.
• Highlights and escalates any credit failures to identify ways of improving the credit approval process.
• Ensures remedial action is taken when required to keep performance in line with business objectives
• Perform administrative work or other job functions related to collections and recoveries.
• To monitor accounts daily in the allocated queues and effectively utilise SCB's collections systems in line with approved collections strategy.
• Liaise with HR/Payroll contacts for End of service/Terminal Benefits and other relevant information that might be required on their ex-staff as the need arises.
• HND/BSc holder with at least 2 years work experience.
• Quality focused & proactive individual able to effectively communicate ideas and or solutions to customers and colleagues at all levels.
• Computer literate.
• Logical with accurate eye for detail
• Proactive, flexible and resilient team player
• Practical working knowledge of company, industry & banking guidelines & regulations
• Highly customer focused with high level of interpersonal and communication skills – listening & negotiating.
• Ability to multi task & work with minimum supervision.