- Identifying, delivering and monitoring student recruitment opportunities for target audiences in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Raising the and awareness of the University of Dundee programmes and successfully helping to achieve outcomes that advance the University’s international strategy.
- Attending student recruitment events throughout Nigeria and Ghana.
- Developing relationships with key scholarship bodies and government departments, and enhancing the existing network of agents in the region.
The Successful Applicant:
- Will be expected to significantly increase our matriculated student numbers (undergraduate and postgraduate) from scholarship bodies, agents and direct recruitment.
Key Job Areas / Deliverables:
- Organise and undertake recruitment visits across Nigeria and Ghana. This will include representing the University at exhibitions, educational institutions, predaparture briefings, agents and local partners
- Manage the University's relationships in Nigeria with scholarship bodies and government! industry.
- Provide high quality market intelligence enabling the identification of new opportunities to optimist international student recruitment
- Answering enquiries from agents and students in a prompt manner, and to support university applications,
- Identifying opportunities for the University to promote all of its programmes and at all levels, including niche subjects areas, across Nigeria and Ghana.
- Advising prospective international students on thud applications to Dundee.
- Support Dundee-based colleagues and senior academic staff in planning university visits to ensure maximum impact
- Work within the University of Dundee’s West Africa marketing budget.
Desirable Criteria Considered Advantageous:
- Graduate of University of Dundee.
- Experience of working In University recruitment
- Familiarity with Scotland and Scottish Higher Education.
- Graduate, preferably from a UK University (University of Dundee particularly desired) with relevant professional qualification
- At least two years work experience in a relevant environment
- Experience in recruitment of African students for UK-based Higher Education Programmes (strongly preferred)
- Ability to work independently, taking a proactive approach, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of the UK, especially the UK's higher education
- Understanding of the general principles of the tier 4 general student visa regulations
- Knowledge of the Nigerian and ZGhanian higher education system with ability to travel
- Able to travel botg Nigeria and Ghana and overseas and to work non-standard hours when required.
- Excellent oral and written English Language skills.