The Region Technical Manager is the technical leader for the Coiled Tubing product line in Africa and is responsible for ensuring delivery of industry leading technical solutions to our customers while mentoring and developing our regional technical team. This is a prestigious senior position which offers significant potential opportunity to progress to a senior operational or product line leader role.
- Actively promote safe working conditions and practices and ensure that Baker Hughes’ Safety Management System is followed.
- Ensure the engineering and technical aspects of the business are performed professionally and meet Baker Hughes' international standards and Customer’s SOP&Ps.
- Ensure efficient delivery of services by monitoring job quality, job safety, Standard Practices and QA/QC system to cover the process from chemical ordering to post job controls when required.
- Champion introduction of new technology to meet Region Product Line target on New Product Revenue and New Technology Introduction
- Generate in coordination with piers and Geomarket Operations Managers and Region FP&A Manager a Monthly Manager Report on region activity
- Ensure that technical programs are developed using the best available data and practices by continuous monitoring.
- Work on Engineering and Technical Projects finding solutions that will give Baker Hughes a competitive advantage.
- Monitor performance of all Region Technical personnel through close personal contact to ensure achievement of established performance standards.
- Monitor the career plan for engineering and technical personnel and provide quarterly recommended training to the Geos.
- Develop and maintain contact with customers on an as required basis to deal with technical issues.
- Manage the day to day engineering and technical activities of the region.
- In charge of the preparation of competitive tenders for frontier areas.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly plans from the engineering and technical perspective and by interacting with the Geo operations manager to define technical equipment, personnel and facilities required.
- Carry out internal and customer technical seminars on regular basis.
- Maintain close liaison with field service personnel and BHI product line organization.
- Perform periodic visits to job sites to assess technical personnel and effectiveness of technical recommendations.
- Frequent contributor to internal and external technical publications directly and through the Region Technical team.
- Participate in technical society (e.g., SPE) functions, study groups, etc.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in Deep Water cementing including lab, field and design, in-house customer experience is a plus.
- Significant overall Coiled Tubing experience
- Experience in Stimulation, Coiled Tubing or Service Tools is a plus.
- Active participant in industry and technical societies
- Sales and Business Development experience
- This role will involve some travel to Africa (roughly 1 week per month to Africa).