- This position involves preparing Conversion, Modification & Uprate (CM&U) technical proposals (including research, technical description, performance, emissions and cost definition), supporting engineering deliverables and engaging in the solution of Control system field issues.
- In this role as a control Application Engineer, you will utilize conceptual thinking and the ability to quickly determine applicability of GE technology to support the growing market in the MEA region.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Electrical engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of Controls engineering experience
- Minimum of 8 years of Controls gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge
- Hands-on experience on MKV, MKVI, MKVIe and other GE power generation controls equipment
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume) Nigerians Only.
- Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility.
- Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with retrofitting GE gas equipment.
- Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications.
- Coordinate with customers, GE regional and headquarters sales and operations support, EED components, and key Core Power Services organizations to ensure the Controls CM&U proposal is compatible with the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards and established quoting limits.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at customer meetings and conferences.
- Promote and contribute to business programs (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.).
- Lead system level / fleet wide proposal activities.
- Review and own proposal related metrics.