As a Regional Data Quality Analyst, you will work with business and IT data stewards and data managers to assist in data quality initiatives, propose defect prevention processes and techniques, assist in conducting data quality assessments, root cause analysis and coordinate data quality improvement efforts.
- Assist the global team in assessing metrics of the data quality characteristics of validity, integrity, accuracy, completeness, timeliness control, availability, relevance, usefulness, accessibility and definition.
- Assist the global team in measuring the process capability to capture and maintain the quality of data throughout all business and system processes.
- Assist the global team with processes to document and maintain data lineage, critical data element metadata and data quality rules.
- Assist the global team with processes to streamline data quality measurement, monitoring and remediation across BAT’s lines of business and enterprise data flows.
- Assist in measuring and monitoring data quality and identifying business impacting data quality issues.
- Analyse data collection and data transformation processes to determine the cause of systematic errors or data quality improvement opportunities.
- Review results of data profiling to ascertain and validate data domains and relationships.
- Assist the global team to include data quality prevention techniques and methods into the business process engineering methods.
- Assist the global team in providing a framework for determining the priority of data quality correction activities.
- Assist the global team in ensuring the communication of data quality processes and procedures.
- Custodian for regional sharepoint on Data Migration deliverables
- Propose processes and practices that will prevent data quality problems.
- Coordinate implementation of data quality improvement initiatives with the global team.
- Collaborate with global IT tools and delivery team to select and implement data quality tools.
- Look for any opportunities to shorten/assure on time delivery of critical path activities.
- Strong experience within global functional data and functional business process implementations for specific master data area
- Proven SAP experience
- Basic data modelling / data design experience
- Data migration on large scale SAP implementations experience
- Familiar with the functional SAP business processes and mandatory / commonly used data fields and objects
- Familiar with the cross-functional impacts of data
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills