Lay the foundation for maximized sales volumes and optimized long term profit by focusing on generating large volumes of visitors to the IKEA stores through digital communications.
Overall responsibility for the brand image especially in online sphere and the understanding of the IKEA brand in the markets we operate in.
Supporting business in existing markets and the development of the new business in new markets.
- Manage the brand to ensure that the IKEA Brand identity, Brand values and key benefits are communicated properly an contribute to fulfilling the IKEA concept & Brand objectives, in all digital channels and all our markets
- Using digital tools and channels to ensure awareness of the IKEA Brand; understand the IKEA concept; impression of the IKEA range & IKEA personality; Position of the IKEA Brand; preference of the IKEA Brand.
- Liaise and maintain good relation with the “principle” (Inter IKEA Systems BV) on digital marketing related projects and matters at the same time ensuring the company’s own “local” business objectives are met.
- Using all digital channels to ensure top of mind awareness of the IKEA brand.
- Ensure the alignment of internal, external and digital communication.
- Contribute to the yearly business plan.
- Create and implement the long term digital marketing strategy with a 1 year horizon to achieve the IKEA brand as well as the group’s objectives and the IKEA brand long term business plan.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the home furnishing market ( our competitors, digital trends, how people live and communicate in the digital world of today) in order to promote and develop the IKEA identity.
- Plan all digital and web project and oversee the execution of all these plans to make sure they meet the deadline for all existing and new markets.
- Help develop and implement crisis management strategy especially when through social media channels
- Help prepare and implement the new stores opening digital strategies and campaigns, keeping in mind all is within the limits of the overall pre-opening budget.
- Work with other marketing functions and local store teams to make sure that the commercial calendar is executed in all digital channels and following the overall activity theme.
- Support commercial activates with best digital marketing mix
- Make sure that all local websites are supporting each activity
- Liaise with external agencies to ensure best execution of each activity campaign.
- Help plan and support the catalogue yearly launch.
- Act as a custodian of IKEA catalogue application and digital catalogue and put in place the strategies that ensure the full visibility of them throughout the year in digital channels and website.
- Set clear yearly KPIs for digital catalogue and catalogue apps and make sure they are met.
- Ensure the visibility of digital brochures throughout the year
- Be a strong contributor to the e-commerce yearly strategy
- Help set the 3 years sales forecast for online sales
- Develop yearly digital marketing strategy to ensure online sales yearly targets are met
- Serve as a matrix to e-commerce team especially to when it comes to support on the website
STORE BUSINESS PARTNERING
- Work with store teams and customer services to ensure that all store activities are on the website and social media channels
- Work with customer service to ensure customer satisfaction on social media channels
- Activate the social media listening tools to help enhance the customer service and experience in the stores
BUDGETING & FINANCE RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- Prepare and control the annual digital marketing budget for all markets so all activities planned are carried out and goals are achieved
- Measure the success of digital communications through analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and research studies (eg. Brand capital results, customer satisfaction index, visitor performance and online sales)
- Prepare and control all preopening digital marketing budgets for all new markets.
- Experience of working on website development and the optimisation of online media
- Experience of digital media communication and marketing techniques
- Experience in social media
- Has worked with Illustrator, In design, HTML, Flash, Paint shop pro and Photoshop previously
- Has worked with Reporting tools- reporting & configuration & data analysis
- Web CMS experience
- 3 to 5 years in a similar role.
- Ability to evaluate creative solutions, based on IKEA values and give clear feedback to marketing team and external agencies.
- Experience of using knowledge of consumer behaviour to develop effective communication
- Experience of setting and implementing plans, setting budgets and following up goals
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work and that of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills – particularly stakeholder management
- Customer-focused commercial awareness – “gets” what is important in a Retail business
- Proven social media passion, experience and success
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers and others at all levels
Interpersonal Skills, Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Confident, Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking.