Propcom Mai-karfi is a six year DFID- funded programme that started in December 2011. The goal of this six year programme is increased incomes for the poor through enhanced employment opportunities in northern Nigeria. The purpose is increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in Northern Nigeria.
We are looking for self-driven, dedicated individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the northern states. This position is based in Gombe and will work extensively in the states of Bauchi, Gombe and Adamawa.
The successful candidate will help the programme to successfully achieve impact by:
- Coordinating relations with intervention partners, helping to foster productive relations based on trust and open communications;
- Coordinating the supervision of surveys on behalf of Intervention Managers or Research Manager, colleagues; guiding Research Officers as needed;
- Collecting information relevant to the success of the interventions from field enquiry;
- Representing the programme in the region;
- Identifying market opportunities;
- Supporting colleagues’ visits;
- Establishing relations with key people in state governments seeking opportunities to influence their investment and policy direction.
- An advance degree in a discipline that is directly relevant to or provides central skills in agricultural market analysis, including economics, agricultural economics, or related fields;
- Fluency in speaking and understanding Hausa;
- Experience effectively working and coordinating with partners and stakeholders;
- Knowledge of the institutions and organizations and/or businesses that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria and at the state level;
- An enquiring mind, energy and enthusiasm
- Self-initiative and drive to complete tasks with little direct supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to travel extensively within northern Nigeria;
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills.