Reporting to the CEO Nigeria/Regional Director, WECA, you will be
expected to provide leadership in the formulation and implementation
of financial strategy for accomplishing the agency’s business mission and objectives.
Specific responsibilities shall include:
• Preparation of budgets and financial reports for the region including
statements of income and financial position, tax returns and reports
for government regulatory agencies.
• Providing proposals on changes to and implementation of approved
accounting policies and procedures whilst overseeing adherence to
same by BU Heads of Finance.
• Contributing to the achievement of regional business objectives and meeting legal responsibilities across jurisdictions by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
• Reviewing and standardizing all major regional client contracts,triggering changes for consistency with company financial goals and minimizing business risks.
• Working in collaboration with the regional tax advisors and auditors for effective tax planning.
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CFA) with a keen commercial sense.
• Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience in both accounting and management.
• Substantial working experience of management, ideally within FMCG organizations with a high volume/velocity of financial transactions,and/or in a leading media advertising agency in a developing country environment.
• Hands-on working knowledge of how to consolidate BU monthly financial variances into US$ profit leak analyses at regional level whilst
managing transaction and translation exposures across soft currency environments/jurisdictions.