The Regional Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring Quality Management programs aligned with GQM and SPS Sector QM Strategies are developed and deployed throughout the Region in compliance with established Codes, Standards, Regulations, Policies, Procedures and Contractual Requirements for applicable Projects and Facilities.
The Regional Quality Manager reports to the Director Quality Management – Steel Plate Structures. Primary functions includes but is not limited to Quality Management activities relating to applicable Projects, Offices and Facilities as follows:
• Facilitate complete implementation and maintenance of the SPS QM Strategy and programs within their regional areas of responsibility
• Perform annual QM planning and set programs for improvement as directed by SPS Director QM as aligned with GQM requirements
• Ensure regional Projects, Offices and Facilities quality staffing levels are maintained with clear allocation of authority and responsibility to support all activities, including but not limited to Design, Engineering, Estimating, Procurement, Project Controls, Fabrication, Supplier Surveillance, Receiving, Handling & Storage, Erection and Commissioning, as well as jobsites.
• Ensure and monitor QM competency, training and quality awareness of regional quality personnel
• Providing for an effective QM communication structure and ensure the quality philosophy is embedded throughout the region
• Providing necessary QM support to Area, operational and project Quality Managers
• Monitor and measure implementation and compliance to the SPS QM Strategy, programs and CMS through regional auditing program. These may also include compliance to quality objectives, applicable codes, standards, policies, procedures and specific contract requirements
• Ensure regional Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA’s) are recorded and performance tracked on an ongoing basis. (Timely close-out)
• Monitor and report on implementation status of the Lessons Learned program (Best Practice approved vs Implemented)
• Facilitate regional quality improvement teams and application of quality improvement techniques to resolve regional QM related issues.
• Ensure relevant Idocs project file structure requirements, QM record and data management systems requirements are properly communicated and implemented
• Summarising and report monthly performance status on all QM activities and KPI’s to SPS Director, Quality Management
• Summarise regional performance into management review inputs and maintain and implement management review outcomes through PDCA framework
• Participating in Client pre-bid, bid or contract planning and preparation as required
• Assisting the regional Project Quality Manager (PQM) in preparing and maintaining the Project Quality Plan.
• Coordinating with the Area and Project Construction Quality Manager (CQM) to assure the construction quality control requirements are documented, approved and implemented.
• Assisting the Area QM, PQM, CQM and facility managers in determining and filling staffing needs.
• Assuring acquisition, maintenance and ongoing compliance of required code stamps and certifications are accomplished (ASME, AISC, ISO, etc.).
• Acting as the focal point for quality management issues that cannot be resolved at area level
• Encouraging and participating in coordination of quality improvement efforts with Area QM and other disciplines to assure specified quality requirements are met.
• Assuring applicable subcontractors/suppliers quality management documentation is reviewed as required.
• Assuring effective quality management of on-site QC inspection and testing activities through the PQM and CQM.
• Assuring required quality documentation and records are developed and maintained. (Archived in IDocs)
• Coordinating and conduct Regional Quality Audits; recommend, direct and report on disposition, resolution of findings and CAPA on areas of improvement..
• Assuring staff abide by HSE requirements applicable to their work scope.
• Coordinate and ensure implementation of any other QM improvement program initiatives as directed by SPS Director QM.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Engineering and/or Quality discipline or equivalent Minimum of 10 Years Quality or Business Related Experience.
• Must be proficient in analysing situations in business terms, i.e. ROI, cost per unit, etc.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with other departments in a tactful and effective manner.
• Strong leadership and management skills, excellent written and verbal communication, strong analytical, problem solving, and risk assessment skills. Ability to make public presentations.
• Must possess computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Visio. Project Planning skills are essential.
• Strong business acumen and attention to detail.
• Strong working knowledge of Quality Management Systems Standards, best practice and quality improvement tools.
• Ability to direct and manage team members with quality improvement activities as well as special projects to assure timely completion.