Reports to: Sales Director
The Regional Field Sales Manager’s primary purpose is to lead the regional sales force to achieve the agreed sales and commercial objectives within budgetary constraints, through selling, negotiating and executing the company’s 4P objectives with key trade sectors.
The position is based within the Field Sales division of the the company’s Country Sales operations. The position is assigned a region and leads the Field Sales force within that region.
- Drive execution of promotional activities to deliver profitable returns for the company
- Coach & manage a team of Sales Managers to deliver on set Sales objective.
- Identify and harness sales development opportunities within area of coverage.
- Achieve sales targets within budgetary constraints, through selling, negotiating and executing the company’s 4P objectives with key trade partners
- Develop and maintain sound mutually beneficial business relationship with Key trade partners.
- Deliver distribution target for core brands as well as new products within assigned sales Region
- Deliver optimum visibility and merchandising of RB brands in line with Best practice recommendation.
- Maintain and drive compliance on the optimal 4P mix at store level.
- Keep the field force informed of negotiated activities and supply appropriate departments with sales information
- Seek opportunities for exploitation for the company’s benefit and effectively utilise technology, both internally and externally
- Inform planning of all sales forecasts well in advance
- Gather and analyse market intelligence report and keep the business informed.
- Minimum 5 years FMCG experience in Sales/ Marketing
- Preferably a University degree in a commercial subject – from a recognised University
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams
- Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation
- Ability to think outside the box