- To implement the sales strategy within the regional environment to ensure that regional targets across the full range of products is achieved.
- To manage and lead the regional sales team towards sales, distribution and availability of MTN products.
- To drive MTNN’s growth aspirations
- Coordinate regional sales activities and ensure synergy with other activities within and outside the department /region and contribute in developing and executing the sub-regional business plan.
- Review sales operations in region ensuring operational objectives are accomplished, identifying trends, providing input into sales forecasting and ensuring optimum service levels are achieved and maintained.
- Conduct competitive research on competitors’ strategy for implementing sales within the region and develop counter measures to increase sales.
- Build and maintain good relationship with Partners to ensure their profitability and achievement of MTN objectives in the sub-region
- Attend sales team meetings on a periodic basis to communicate product strategies, upcoming objectives and exchange ideas on how to support Trade Partners achieve their targets promote products.
- Drive the execution of all channel strategies and initiatives in the sub-region
- Conduct research and trend analysis of market and competition, review sales performance and trends and identify new prospects and sales opportunities for the region.
- Identify training requirements of partners, develop program to address (product) knowledge gap of distributors and monitor distributors and dealers activities to ensure their operations are in alignment with MTN business objectives.
- Monitor and prepare periodic report on sales and generate periodic sales performance reports for region for management review.
- Ensure partners full participation in the territorial engine room.
- Manage regional P&L to ensure a profitable and sustainable operation.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Occasional local travel as required
Experience & Training:
- First degree in Marketing, Business Administration of relevant degree from a reputable University
- Possession of a Master's degree may be an added advantage
- At least 8 years’ experience in service industry and/ or cellular/ telecommunications and/ or operational management including:
- 2 years sales management experience
- Proven track record in sales/ distributor account management
- Customer management experience
- Distribution planning
- Leadership Management
- GSM conventions
- Customer relationship management
BA, B.Ed, HND, B.Sc or B.Tech.