- Provide leadership, direction and development to all aspects of the Distribution & Sales function in the region.
- Implement the regional sales and distribution framework, strategy, processes, policies and standards in the region.
- Ensure the development and implementation of regional distribution and sales plans which are embedded in the region’s distribution and sales roadmap.
- Optimize the existing markets in the region through effective distributor management, selection, negotiation and merchandising and distribution.
- Develop and manage the sales and distribution organization in the region.
- Propose and agree with the General Manager Sales & Distribution’s objective to the regional sales and distribution organization, forecast and monitor results.
- Ensure the development and management of the following functions in the region:
- Operational target setting
- Operational reporting
- Inventory management and logistics
- Channel commission and incentive schemes
- Sales staff compensation
- Distribution and sales partner acquisition
- New channel development
- Direct: retail shops, direct sales forces
- Indirect: IT shops, internet cafes, banks, other retail chains (supermarkets, petrol stations), mass market (FMCG distributors and independent dealers)
- Wholesale (other operators and ISPs)
- Conduct regular Continuous Improvement reviews with distribution and sales team members in the region.
- Manage the applicable OPCO governance and approval processes relevant to distribution and sales in the region.
- Ensure the regional sales organization behaves with ethics and efficiency.
- Establish and monitor service levels/ standards to ensure that regional operational KPIs meet OPCO and Group standards.
- Manage local relationships (logistics partner and distributors) in the region.
- Deliver the region’s sales revenues (excluding interconnect), cost of sales (commission level) and OPEX targets as per the approved OPCO budget.