Business development within the region focused on sales and achievement of business plan, units and value.
• Manage discounts, pricing levels and profitability within territory.
• Promote the sales and distribution of spare parts through dealers.
• Promote Solutions sales through the dealer network and nurture direct Solutions opportunities where appropriate.
• Evaluate dealer effectiveness and activities within defined territory.
• Promote and establish good practice within dealer operations.
• Ensure all sales activities conform to FGW and Caterpillar business ethics, policies and procedures.
• Introduce, train and develop dealers as necessary.
• Report dealer problems/issues, sponsor conflict resolution and develop appropriate solutions with the dealer/customer.
• Generate accurate forecast data to enable efficient production planning.
• Identify areas for growth and new product development/introduction.
• Gather market and competitor information to enable FGW to plan effectively.
• Develop and implement marketing strategy for defined region.
• Maintain relationships with key end-users and consultants through visitation.
• Carry out quotation tracking and follow-up.
• Deliver presentations to customers, dealers and consultants within region.
• Represent all FGW business interests in defined region.
• Degree level of education and a minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant sales role. Candidates without a degree but have the equivalent experience.
• Experience of negotiating with customers
• Fluent in written and oral English and French
• Prepared to travel up to 50% of time
• A relevant engineering degree.
• Experience of managing dealer accounts.