- Execute the retail strategy in the territory to achieve the objective of retail expansion, dominance, mind share and loyalty in the region.
- Collaborate cross functionally - NWG, Marketing, Enterprise Solution, CR, in the regional and territorial engine rooms to ensure commercial alignment in achieving the objectives of revenue, profitability & market share in the sub-region.
- Identify, create and execute Communal & Goodwill events and sponsorship initiatives in the region to drive affinity and localization of the MTN brand in the region.
- Research and provide feedback reports on competitor activity, network quality, peculiar market situations and any issues affecting the marketing of MTNN products in the region.
- Achieve BTL visibility objectives across all outlet types and category in the region through the effective planning and execution of merchandising.
- Review analysis of regional marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and recommend future product development within the region.
- Develop and execute territory specific trade marketing initiatives to ensure achievement of the business objectives in the region.
- Develop and manage profitable and sustainable partnerships to achieve our data device and mobile money objectives in the territory.
- Ensure standard look and feel across all MTN retail outlet types in the territory
- Ensure effective communication of the MTN brand and proposition at the retail layer of the distribution channel
- Assist in establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Co-ordinate the presence and relationship of MTNN with stakeholders and policy makers at the Regional levels.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Regional, national and international travel
Experience & Training
- First degree in a business related discipline
- Possession of a Master's degree may be an advantage
- 8 years marketing management experience within the telecommunications, FMCG’s or ‘new age’ service industry which includes 2 years experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity
- BA, B.TECH, B.Sc, HND, B.ED or B.ENG