- Under the guidance and supervision of the UN Common Services Administrative Associate, the Registry Clerk provides reliable services ensuring high accuracy of work and reliable registry services to the operations of the Common Services Unit in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission..
- The Registry Clerk demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- This post is funded and limited to the UN Common Services in Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Maintenance of proper registry system
- Effective mail management
- Cost recovery for pouch services
Ensures maintenance of registry system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the office filing system in accordance with the UNDP Global Filing System
- Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
- Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents
- Provision of photocopies of material from the registry files, as requested by staff. Assistance in the collection of reference and background material from registry files
- Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files.
- Preparation of correspondence and reports related to registry activities
Ensures provision of effective mail management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming faxes, letters and other correspondence to proper department/unit/officer.
- Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and follow-up distribution. Prepares the summary of enclosure forms and necessary documents and maintains the file on pouches received to ensure that all bags are accounted for.
Ensures cost recovery for pouch services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of information for proper prorating and billing of user agencies.