Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Zamil Industry and Transport is a prominent business conglomerate in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and looking to expand in Nigeria. The company is a one stop shop for late-stage housing development needs, including the manufacture and distribution of water pumps, tanks, pipes, automatic doors and contracting.
The company requires a regulatory accountant to carry out the following roles:
• Interface with External Auditors, Regulators, International and Nigerian Accounting Standards Boards on proper accounting policy and controls as required by all stakeholders
• Interface with business units on new products and services and business decisions to achieve alignment with accounting standards and policies
• Involve in-depth research into contemporary accounting issues
• Maintain accounting manual and ensure this is in compliance with IFRS, Nigerian GAAP and actual practices.
• Participate in regular internal and external workshops/training regarding accounting issues and practices.
Assist in developing efficient and effective reporting mechanisms to support improved business and systems processes.
• Develop new methodologies to continuously improve and enhance business and systems processes and effectiveness.
• Keep abreast of Saudi Arabian GAAP and International Accounting Standards and IFRS.
• Develop creative systems integration solutions to enhance processes and improve productivity.
• Develop proactive methodologies for conducting system troubleshooting and business process flow
• Refining professional practices and ensuring systems and practices are the best available
Keeping abreast of rapidly growing array of financial services and products
Awareness and sensitivity to local conditions
Balance between being sensitive to technical evaluations of needs of particular cases and resource implications for unit as a whole
Balance of attention between continuity and change
Inadequate support from various departments
• Strong dependence on ERP system developed by vendors.
• Obsolete technology
• Technical Support from Suppliers
• Bureaucratic process, procedures and implementation of new financial systems
• BSc Accounting or related subjects. (Alternatively a university degree plus 2 years audit experience)
• Professional Accounting Qualification (ICAN,ACCA etc)
Minimum 4 years experience spanning the following:
1 years experience handling complex IFRS/IAS/SAS issues at an internationally affiliated audit firm.
2 years finance experience within a telecommunication environment.
1 years experience in a Financial Management capacity or 2 years audit experience.
Process reengineering project experience
• Highly computer literate
• Project management course
Skills / physical competencies:
Expert in financial & accounting practices, policies and procedures
High level of numeracy
Attention to detail, approaches work in meticulous, thorough and detailed manner
Basic legal understanding and interpretation.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities, Logical thinking
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels and explain financial information clearly to non-financial staff
• Good time management skills and ability to prioritise conflicting demands within a busy schedule
• Excellent administration skills, organizational and IT skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Possesses and demonstrates positive can do attitude
• Effective team Player and leader
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
Interested applicants should send CVs and application to email@example.com