• Research and update MTNN on developments; bills, new policies, within the legislative/ regulatory arena; and follow up with regulatory authorities on submissions and other regulatory issues.
• Track and monitor compliance with all regulatory authority (NCC) obligations within the business.
• Prepare correspondence and position papers on environmental issues.
• Provide legal and regulatory opinion on all issues that impact on MTN from a regulatory perspective, including new legislatures, government policies, etc.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with the regulatory agencies and other stakeholders in the telecommunications industry.
• Ensure customer queries are handled appropriately and in compliance to the MTNN regulatory framework.
• Conduct regulatory services to MTNN; ensure the appropriate licensing, marketing and legal compliance to projects.
• Make presentations to regulatory authorities, so as to profile MTNN and also ensure that the business complies with regulations.
• Support management and advice MTN N on interconnects agreements/relationship, licence conditions and compliance with regulations and legislation.