- The role of the Regulatory Affairs Manager is to bring focus to those issues that can have a positive or negative influence on business, depending on how they are managed.
- Working within the CR function, this role will support and advise the business on all aspects of regulation, legislative change and political issues.
- Working closely with the Innovation and brand teams, the Quality department and other teams, the role will assist in positioning the business to influence legislative and regulatory changes.
- In addition it will assist the business in understanding and interpreting various laws and policies and to maintain a consistent approach to external stakeholder and regulatory management.
- The aim is to ensure that regulatory management is aligned to the strategic plans of the business.
- The role requires a deep understanding of the business and the political and regulatory environment.
- It also requires an understanding of regional trade policies, governments and political processes and a track record of dealing with government officials and regulatory authorities.
- This role will be looking to make a significant contribution to the business
- The role sits in Lagos but involves travel across the country
- The role has responsibility for removing obstacles and fostering opportunities in the regulatory framework for the business and for managing relationships with stakeholders especially on regulatory issue.
- The purpose of this role is to ensure that Guinness Nigeria has the strategic policy and external stakeholder engagement processes in place to support a proactive, strategic approach to achieving its mandate and vision.
- The role will work on corporate policy development (i.e. providing advice and support and developing policies and guidelines to strengthen relationships with external stakeholders).
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Lead and manage Guinness Nigeria's corporate interests in the area of regulatory affairs within the market.
- Collaborate with industry bodies and other stakeholders to ensure Guinness Nigeria’s representation and integration on policy and external relations activities.
- Provide advice and support to industry bodies that play a leadership role in regulatory relations
- Coordinate and monitor the development and implementation of regulatory policies, for example, Nigeria Standards with SON, NAFDAC, and CODEX ensuring a consistent approach across Nigeria.
- To support Guinness Nigeria on all aspects of regulatory relations.
- To facilitate relationship development with relevant external stakeholders and regulators in order to support Guinness Nigeria's business strategies and objectives.
- To drive relationships relevant to the regulatory environment in order to support business opportunity
- First degree
- Minimum of 5 years regulatory experience
- High level computer literacy
- Outstanding interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship management - ability to achieve results through others
- Capability to develop/capture and shape research and data (academic and statistical) and concepts around policy development.
- Relationships with regulators across Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Lack of appropriate relationships / advocacy experience
- Inability to think/act strategically, creatively and proactively
- Inability to see the bigger picture and understand business goals
- Requirement for extensive direction
- Poor judgment and relationship building skills