Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides technical assistance, as needed, in support of PQM activities to improve medicines quality regulatory activities in Nigeria, with specific work requested by program partners and approved by PQM.
- Provides technical advice to NAFDAC management and staff, particularly on medicines regulation and pharmaceutical product assessment through the PQM program.
- Maintains partnerships to ensure continuity of external technical advice and support, which includes the goal of establishing a forum of experts, and coordinates ongoing activities by major regulatory agencies in Nigeria.
- Manages specific PQM project activities as assigned by the PQM Chief of Party-Nigeria.
- Ensures that all program work for the PQM office is completed by country partners on time and on budget.
- Provides assistance in the formulation of guidelines for medicines regulation to improve the safety and quality of medicines in line with the national regulatory system.
- Prepares quarterly and annual activity reports (through COP) and submits them to USP PQM Headquarters, USAID/Nigeria, and other country partners within the set parameters of the contract.
- Serves as liaison officer to partners and regulatory authorities such as WHO, NAFDAC, Federal Ministry of Health, and others. Performs other duties as requested.