Proactively promote a relationship-based offering through operating as a dedicated and primary point of contact for customer in the segments, providing banking solutions which meet the customer’s needs in accordance with each of segment’s value proposition.
Provide an efficient personal banking service and support to a portfolio of branch based clients across the E & D segments.
Achievement of expansion, cost management and customer retention targets through a proactive call plan and active cross selling.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES /ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Retain customers (E & D ) as per the criteria outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the Country segment strategy
• Pro-actively identify cross-sell opportunities within own portfolio of customers to maximise life cycle opportunities. Be guided by the segment value proposition and sales targets as to what the priority products are both from a bank and customer perspective.
• Conduct a needs analysis with all new and existing customers to ensure that product opportunities identified are appropriate to meet the customer’s needs and priorities.
• Conduct a comprehensive calling/contact management programme for all customers aligned with the cost to serve proposition.
• Pro-actively manage the portfolio to maximise revenue for the Bank (referring to fees, margins and sales), minimise costs and risks, whilst maintaining and entrenching the customer’s relationship with the Bank appropriately.
• Ensure that the Customer is central to the entire life cycle approach of maximising sustainable value add to both the Customer and the Bank.
• Establish, build and strengthen relationships with customers, based on mutual respect, to retain customers and gain word-of-mouth referrals.
• Commitment to Service excellence and superior service delivery aligned to SLA’s and turnaround time commitments.
• Ensure that customers are appropriately educated regarding the value of using self-service channels (Internet Banking, ATMs & Mobile Banking) to empower customers and minimise adhoc service requests. Assist with migration to facilitate the migration of customers to self-service channels where appropriate.
• Ensure that customers are well informed with regards to lending application processes (e.g. vehicle finance, home loans, overdraft, credit card, personal loans, etc), credit maintenance processes (e.g. annual reviews) and account conduct expectations (e.g. minimum account balances, provision for debit orders and cheque payments, etc).
• Clearly and transparently inform customers of contract/account terms and conditions, fees, rates and commissions where applicable. Be prepared to articulate the value added if challenged on pricing.
• Retain ownership of customer requests, complaints and applications – follow every task through to completion keeping the customer updated on progress.
• Generate and pass on leads. Follow up to ensure that the customer is satisfied with the service received.
• Interact and build strong working relationships with Business Banking and CIB colleagues to entrench the holistic customer relationship with the bank.
• Interact frequently and build strong working relationships with enabler and fulfilment functions (including credit specialists, product specialists and wealth specialists) to shorten turnaround times.
• Manage credit and operational risks in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
• Take accountability for credit management of portfolio, including the completion of referral reports, taking action regarding exception reports to eliminate accounts in excess, ensure that all accounts are limitised and that reviews occur timeously.
• Establish and build knowledge and understanding of product and credit application processes to eliminate reworking and ensure acceptable turnaround times for customers.
• Maintain proper records (filing, update customer records on bank system, etc).
• Ensure data integrity on the banking software.
• Attend to all correspondence relating to the portfolio, including e-mails, phone calls, messages, documentation, faxes, queries and complaints, etc.
• appropriate Monitor initial activation and usage of transaction accounts and proactively take steps to mitigate dormancy.
• Follow proper procedures when closing accounts, including the recovery of outstanding funds/fees and retention of cheque books/cards.
• Cooperate and work effectively with others in pursuit of team goals by sharing information, providing support, showing care and being considerate of other team members.
• Relevant business/financial qualification
• Interpret financial statements, assess sources of income and basic customer affordability calculations (debt to income ratio, loan to value ratio, installment to income ratio, etc).
• Demonstrate high levels of computer literacy - able to capture/update customer database, successfully complete product/lending applications, ensure credit maintenance, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
• Time management
• Ability to multi task
• Ability to handle matrix reporting
Understanding of the personal markets etc.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of the different personal and segment value proposition.
• Sound knowledge of all products and channels relevant to this market, including qualifying criteria, product/channel features and benefits, pricing, product/channel combination possibilities and efficient product usage through self-service channels.
• Understanding of the bank’s products in respect of service level agreements and the bank’s service provision networks.
• Understanding of which products are most suited to the different personal banking segments.
• Knowledge of equivalent competitor products and services.
• Working knowledge of Stanbic/Standard Bank strategy, country strategy and segment strategy.
• Knowledge of local market environment and financial issues that may impact portfolio.
• Working knowledge of bank systems and operations
• Thorough understanding of credit principles as well as application and maintenance processes.
• Knowledge of the banks organogram and awareness of relevant reporting lines.
CORE PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
Mature & professional demeanor.
• Attention to details
• An effective networker at all levels, both inside and outside the bank.
• Ability to identify customers’ requirements for specialist financial/product expertise and advice.
• Articulate in the communication/presentation of financial solutions and factual information to customers.
• Strong communication, negotiation and persuasion skills.
• Independent, socially confident, quick to establish rapport and build credibility with customers.
• Fosters confidence among customers.
• Ability to educate customers.
• Ability to listen and probe customer responses effectively to ensure proper understanding of needs.
• Advanced sales, presentation and consulting skills.
• Achievement orientated, embracing and achieving challenging targets.
• Self-motivated and energetic.
• Consistent, honest and trustworthy – demonstrating integrity.
• Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure and during conflict situations.
• Able to have difficult conversations with confidence – declining a pricing/rate concession, effectively communicating a declined loan application to the customer without blaming Credit, etc.
• Ability to function effectively within a team.