Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We now need a talented and resourceful Relationship Manager to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Owns the client relationship with the bank
• Responsible for managing client portfolio, accountable for total clients revenue and cross selling all the bank’s products and services
• The main focus of the role is to sell the Bank’s products with a view to ensuring that the best solutions are given to the client in a value adding way.
• Win new IO relationships - the Embassies, Local & International NGOs, Bi-laterals etc
• Manages IO client portfolio and client relationship to maximize cross selling revenues and client profitability.
• Responsible for liaising with Credit Department (if necessary), providing inputs during credit origination, evaluation and the execution of credit offers.
• Prospecting for new IO clients.
• Manages client budget across all products as approved and also ensuring organic growth through new transactions.
• Liaising with product houses to facilitate new opportunities for both new and existing Clients.
• Manages and Monitors Client account utilization across asset classes and ensures risk management on all client accounts.
• Providing strategic and tactical planning on client’s account by preparation and updating of account plans.
• Responsible for providing information to all internal stakeholders as regards the position of clients within the industry based on client & market knowledge (Get acquainted with key socio-economic indicators within Nigeria & Globally).
• Responsible for managing client service team within the assigned sector in ensuring optimal products utilization, cross selling & effective service delivery according to the set targets.
• Review and analyse client’s financials as well as other relevant reports in order to fully understand the client’s business and needs.
• Support the TB / TSE in the actualization of motivations for changes in pricing, deferrals and sign off on excesses on facilities.
• Preparation of account plans to project client’s performance and position within the industry with a view to further drive business opportunities.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Meets financial targets
• Works within agreed turnaround time for all processes
• 100% Customer Retention
• 80% Customer Satisfaction (Customer satisfaction survey)
• Minimum Multirater Score
• Cross sell Ratio
• Asset Utilisation
• Actual number of new customers
HIGH DIMENSIONS OF THE JOB
• High relationship management of the Clients
• Matrix relationship within the group
• Interface with all product houses
• Should create a wide sphere of influence within the organizations.
• Liaise with all product houses – Internal Relationship
• Liaise with CIB Research team for sector research
• Required to demonstrate strong leadership, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Contact person with the relevant Management Team member of Client Organizations – External relationship
• Liaise with relevant regulators
• Liaise with relevant industry counterparts
• Liaise with Credit (if necessary) for all credit facilities – Internal Relationship
Preparation of call plans, account plan, call memos and status reports on all clients (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
Preparation of monthly performance report with inputs from Business Mgt team
Routine monitoring of all arrangement, with client to optimize outcomes
PROBLEM SOLVING, PLANNING & DECISION MAKING
• Strategic Advisor to the Client
• Make informed decisions on the appropriate solutions to Clients’ needs.
• Ability to escalate issues in a timely manner
• Should conduct root cause analysis as required.
• Weekly, monthly and Yearly
• Should consider factors that are relevant when making decisions, e.g. socio-economic dynamics, business needs, market trends.
• Where decisions will be based on limited information, the RM should relatively determine amount of risk, is required to collate and analyze information from a number of sources
Required Skill and Qualification
• Minimum Qualifications: B.Sc
• Knowledge of all Bank products and services
• Conversant with CBN regulations
• Products/services, local target market
• Technical skills required include computer literacy, sales skills, accounting/budgeting skills, risk management ability, credit evaluation skills
• Minimum of 5 years experience (depending on level)
• Experience as Trade sales executive, Debt solution analyst, Transactional Banker, Account Executive will be key for the job holder.
• Would require 3 months of full time training/exposure on the Bank’s products, services and processes. And would continue to have on-the-job-training (especially on new products / processes)
• The jobholder should have good verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, pays attention to detail, methodical, diplomatic, able to handle pressure/conflict, result-orientated, good numerical ability, people management skills, team player, able to retain optimism despite setbacks, self-motivated.