Our client is an NGO whose aim is to stop child abuse in Nigeria. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and capable staff member who will be working as a Research Analyst.
The Research Analyst will assist in the development of data collection protocols, prepare requests for approval to relevant internal review boards, clean data collected from the field and help with preliminary data analysis, write project reports, and complete other research assistant tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a talented writer who can translate numbers into stories, or a strong data analyst who can write better each time. Previous international exposure/experience preferred
- Gather and evaluate data in relation to ongoing projects
- Design and implement survey and research study, execute fieldwork
- Process and analyze quantitative data
- Design and undertake qualitative study
- Write project reports and research proposals
- Prepares responses to internal and external requests for information and analysis;
- Collect and maintain information (data and reports) in a well-organized manner to support analyzes and for further dissemination;
- Summarize and synthesize reports, articles, and research and share relevant information with the team
- Build and maintain on-going relationships with key stakeholders in government ministries, research organizations, NGOs, and other relevant organizations
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Clear writing and strong analytical skills are required, with a premium on precision, clarity, acuity, insight and storytelling ability.
- Training in questionnaire design, survey methodology, and data analysis are expected.
- Statistical modeling skills are a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Economics, Statistics or related fields
- 3 years’ social work experience
- Experience in working with international and/or development agencies is an asset
- Experience in market research or development economics is desirable.
- Ability to analyze complex data and run reports
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative analysis and synthesize findings into persuasive recommendations
- Good project management skill and client contact
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and experience with statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) desirable
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.