- Identify priority program areas for implementation of organization’s mission and goals.
- Conduct research and advocacy to influence policies and practices of governments, IGOs, and NGOs, with a particular focus on Child abuse.
- Collect and maintain information (data and reports) in a well-organized manner to support analyzes and for further dissemination.
- Draft research reports designed to influence child rights and conduct policy-relevant research on child abuse towards developing innovative approaches to conceptualizing child rights.
- Implement advocacy using research results, through report dissemination, one-to-one meetings, training and focus group discussions.
- Develop and maintain relations with key stakeholders and interlocutors in order to build networks to learn and share advocacy messages.
- Contribute to strategies, approaches, and projects designed to address child abuse and other priority research topics, as and when identified, and contribute to fundraising.
- Perform a wide variety of research field work preparation tasks i.e, make detailed observations, enter data in Excel format, assist in analyzing data and collect supporting documents or literature from the internet and other sources for interpreting results.
- Assist in the process of building collaboration with other partner institutions, i.e, maintain and update contact lists of implementing and research partners, other key stakeholders, and consultants, keep confidentiality of files on projects.
- Contribute to the overall research process of preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyzes by identifying current scientific literature as assigned by the Program staff.
- Provide logistical support to staff in planning and organizing conferences, workshops and meetings and participate in relevant meetings.