The job holder will provide support to on-going, new and emerging research activities and collaborations as well as undertake study on Loss-to-follow-up.
- Support the APIN research management group and other adhoc teams in proposal development and submission.
- Support the setup of programme evaluations and research operations
- Participate in and/or support research implementation as appropriate
- Participate in basic data collection, reporting and analysis on programme and outcome evaluations
- Implement research procedures in accordance with the protocol guidelines as provided by the Principal Investigator
- Travel to study sites across Nigeria to recruit participants and conduct interviews, chart reviews and other data collection activities as required, using a standardized questionnaire and chart extraction tools.
- Collect data, enroll and follow up clients for the loss- to- follow up study being jointly conducted by APIN and MGH
- Coordinate and train additional staff to assist with study recruitment and consent procedures when required.
- Record, organize and capture results of questionnaires in preparation for data analysis.
- Conduct follow-up telephone interviews of patients enrolled in study.
- Enter questionnaire and follow-up data into study database.
- Maintain log of patients enrolled in the study as detailed in study protocol.
- Produce regular research progress reports Principal Investigator and Co-investigators.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
At least a first degree in Sociology, Nursing, Medicine or Public Health
- Time management skills, basic administrative and organizational skills
- HIV counselling or clinical experience
- Fluency in English and Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa (verbal and written, at least one)
- Computer literacy and with ability to use the computer for data entry and production of basic reports. Experience of working with datasets and data bases will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, strong service ethic, sensitivity to patients
- Professionalism and attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility to take on other duties as reasonably requested by the Project Manager and/or Co-investigators.
- Willingness and readiness to travel to study sites as required
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing, etc.) are essential.