- This position reports to the Program Manager and will work closely with the Monitoring Evaluation & Research team and Program Officers to ensure that the Study results inform whether group care is a viable strategy to improve the quality and acceptability of ANC and increase retention in care through pregnancy, childbirth, and the postnatal period.
- Be present in assigned heath facility during all the hours antenatal care is provided for four months to screen, recruit and obtain consent from ANC mothers on whom the research is conducted
- Transfer initial screening information from providers to REDCap (a mature, secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases) via project provided tablet.
- Create consent logs and group cohort logs; share group cohort logs with providers; update program officers weekly with enrollment numbers.
- Administer baseline survey questions to all consented study subjects at the time of consent via REDcap
- Using facility records, conduct phone based facility birth rate baseline assessment
- Track study subjects in order to administer surveys at appropriate times; record if subjects move out of study area and/or are lost to follow up
- Arrange meeting time and place and administer survey questions to recently delivered study subjects within 6 weeks of delivery via REDCap.
- Support Focused group discussion in their respective areas as requested by the research team.
- Review collected data and make corrections before submission via redcap.
- Review and bring into force varied research quality and control procedures.
- Ensure safe custody of equipment supplied for the study.
- Keep accurate records of consent forms and other study related documents.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma/Degree in a Health related field.
- Past experience in clinical research.
- Use of mobile technology as a data collection tool will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in research.
- Knowledge in Research, Data abstraction.
- Presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, and able to achieve intended study goals and objectives.
- Computer literate, comfortable using a tablet and learning new software.
- Residence in Lafia, Nasarawa State and fluency in Hausa language will be a strong advantage.