The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Research Associateat the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Position / Responsibilities
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Production of breeder seed of selected early, extra-early and intermediate parental inbreds, hybrids, and open-pollinated varieties.
- Provision of seed to NARS and Seed Companies of seven WASP countries.
- Supervision of on-station trials
- Conduct and management of maize field trials.
- Direct supervision of staff and activities of the CORAF-WASP project
- Collation and analyses of data from field experiments
- Preparation of work plans and progress reports of the WASP Project
- Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- MSC in Plant Breeding , Agronomy any related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience on a similar role
- Good skills in MS Office and general knowledge of computer
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary.
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
- Be available to work outside office hours and for extended hours where necessary
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.