- Liaise with IITA's Gender team and ensure project's conformity to gender strategy
- Engage underprivileged Youth in the promotion of improved cassava production, increased processing and utilization of value-added and shelf-stable industrial-grade cassava products (starch, flour, chips, etc.) to increase market opportunities and improve the income of small-scale farmers and processors
- Assist to the development of new agricultural products with potentials to engage Underprivileged Youth.
- Link with Crop Utilization Unit to identify and promote commercialization of new products among Underprivileged Youth
- Work closely with the group of Underprivileged Youth on training on commercial adoption of novel agricultural food products developed by IITA.
- Track and report on training outcomes
- Write reports of training, product development and other commercialization activities carried out.
- Collaborate with the youth marketing team to promote and distribute cassava products to increase usage on campus and through local Kiosks in all project states
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Location Abuja, Oyo, Rivers
- Minimum of MSc in Social Work, Gender, or related humanities
- At least 2 years' experience working underprivileged youth and knowledge of cassava value chain is added advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- 2 years renewable