Background and Responsibilities
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
• Support scientist of the CAY-seed project in implementing activities in Nigeria and Ghana;
• Liaise with and backstop partner organization (CRI, CRS, NRCRI and MSHR) in planting, positive selection, monitoring data collection and harvesting seed yam trials and demonstration;
• Train extension agents and framers on the attributes of using quality seeds;
• Engage in multiplication of disease and pest free seed yam for experimental purpose as well as oversee production of quality seed by national partners;
• Provide technical support to National Agricultural Research and Extension Systems in selected communities;
• Contribute in the development and dissemination of project documents (flyers, newsletters, posters, training, and extension manuals, etc.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Location Abuja, Borno, Kano, Oyo