Are you smart enough to work with us?
- A public policy think tank based in Lagos, Nigeria with a mission to ‘’ensure that government action fosters growth, economic well-being and freedom and individual responsibility” seeks to recruit exceptional persons as “Research Associate” with specialization in health economics, agric economics, financial economics, energy economics and policy.
- If you like the challenge of cutting though conventional thinking and working on complex development problems then our organisation is interested in you.
- We will in turn offer each candidate a stimulating and challenging work environment, a possibility to engage with frontier research, opportunities for world class, international training and an attractive salary package.
- The selected candidate will ideally be expected to resume the post as soon as possible. The position will start with a three year contract with the option of renewal depending on performance.
- The ideal candidate should possess a strong bachelors degree in one of the quantitative sciences; Mathematics, Economics, Statistics and must possess a masters degree in one of the stated areas of specialization such as; Health Economics, Energy Economics/Policy, Financial Economics, Agric Economics and Statistics from a top tier university.
The candidates should match the below profile:
- Minimum of second class upper division
- Aged between 25 and 35 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver results in different environments (especially in a developing world context)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Broad world view
- Ability to use statistical packages (such as SPSS) will be an added advantage.