- Collaborate with Washington, DC-based project staff and expert consultants to finalize project research protocol, featuring the VRBFP baseline and endline survey and a focus group discussion questionnaire.
- Manage the Kaduna State IRB approval process for the project research protocol.
- Facilitate data collector training to local subcontractor engaged to conduct facility- and community-based (e.g. focus group discussions) data collection, in coordination with project Research Advisor.
- Provide contract management and oversight to local subcontractor.
- Ensure contractor compliance with 1) assessment/survey methodology and 2) ethical principles, including ensuring that rights of participants/interviewees are respected.
- Conduct regular verification and quality checks on data collected by subcontractor.
- Analyze collected data (e.g. baseline and endline) and work with Research Advisor to write-up findings.
- Analyze and write-up results of focus group discussions. Results should inform the development Facility Action Plans under the purview of the Project Coordinator.
- Complete an analysis of operational policies that may impact the delivery of rights-based services, and write formal report.
- Contribute to research reports and publications as required.
- Hold regular debrief sessions with Washington, DC and Abuja-based Palladium personnel and provide updates on the progress of research activities.
DurationPeriod of Employment: January 2016 – May 2017 (17 months)
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics/bio-statistics or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, with emphasis on research project management.
- Ability to take initiative to deliver required outputs and planned results.
- Proven experience conducting and managing quantitative and qualitative research activities.
- Proven ability to use data quantitative and qualitative data analysis software
- Understanding of routine health information systems
- Knowledge of family planning and rights-based family planning principles a plus.
- Excellent spoken/written English language communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel within Kaduna state to support project activities.
- Strong writing skills, ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report/product.