As a Research Engineer, this is a unique opportunity to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market, working alongside top technical specialists and highly motivated creative professionals.
Encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and unafraid to make mistakes, you will create products which fulfil Dyson's ambition of being truly different and better than their competitors.
You will constantly drive research projects from initial conception into development, ensuring significant improvements in product performance. This will involve generating concepts using innovative engineering skills, ensuring seamless integration into Dyson's next generation of products.
- Deliver product focused technology projects
- Generate concepts to a very high standard
- Undertake detailed theoretical analysis of a wide range of concepts
- Design and build prototypes and test rigs for chosen concepts
- Experience as an engineer, including a detailed knowledge of one of the following: mechanical design, rotational machinery, particle separation, air filtration, thermodynamics, applied materials sciences and/or bioengineering
- A proven ability to communicate through 2 and 3 dimensional media, for example, sketching, CAD and model making
- A degree in relevant engineering or scientific discipline