- Product and brand identity becomes increasingly important for any company in today’s competitive marketplace. Like many other FMCG companies, Fan Milk is increasingly concerned with creating a lasting impression among its existing and future consumers.
- Fan Milk has been serving the Nigerian market with high quality products at affordable prices for more than 50 years. There is a need to revive and re-launch company’s existing products and brand as a whole.
- The key objective is to improve product sales and gain market share. The intention is to achieve this by making sure that the organisation’s activations and marketing activities send out a desired message.
- The purpose of this role is to implement brand strategy, Innovation and new product development, create social media awareness and increase digital marketing and enhance traditional media awareness.
Principal Accountabilities (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- Developing Insights and understanding the Market and Marketing Dynamics
- Analysis of product strengths and weakness vis-a-vis competition
- Strong data analytics of current market trends, market surveys and volume share, pricing and share in shop data.
- Tracking studies of Dairy products and beverages in FMCGs
- Write proposals, provide decision support and reliable research recommendation and appropriate research methodology
- Conduct project briefings, in charge of price tracking, data collection and reporting research findings which include product testing and internal focus groups
- Drive Innovation, Renovation and new product development /launch processes
- Developing & implement the Trade and Consumer promotion plans and strategies to drive brand growth
- Development of advertising concepts and briefs, and implementing new mediums to increase awareness
- E-marketing - manage Fan Milk’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
Work/Business Contacts and Authority (IPE Factor: Communication)
- Fan Milk Management: Liaise with other Fan Milk Executives and senior managers as required.
- Customers: Ad Hoc meetings with all relevant customers, Agents, Franchise takers, Distributors, etc.
- Sales Team: Liaise with Sales team in implementing common business plan
- Finance team: Liaise with finance to drive optimal P&L result.
- Supply Chain & Production Team: Liaise with supply chain, including procurement, and Production team to implement Marketing support requirements and demand planning.
- Customers: Structured and Ad Hoc meetings with relevant customers.
- Relevant agencies and authorities.
Critical Qualifications/Skills/Experience (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
The Ideal candidate;
- Must be a Graduate B.sc / HND in Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5-7 years research management experience in FMCG/Research Firm(s).
- Strong interpersonal skills to build good working relationships across all functions and markets.
- Strong flare for numbers and very analytical
- Convincing Personality, good planner, self –starter and committed to results
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Commercial acumen, confident, enthusiastic and persuasive.
- Attention to details/Good Project Management Skills
Learning & Career Opportunities
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas;
- In-depth Knowledge of FanMilk and its competitors
- Product development and brand strategy development
- Improved analysis and reporting skills.