Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Research Microbiologist will be required to assist the organization with successful execution of extramurally-funded research programs in the laboratory.
* The specific responsibilities include design, execute and analyze experiments aimed to research various causes of invasive bacterial infections in children as well as the molecular characterization of bacterial isolates.
* Additional responsibilities include; supervision of sentinel field laboratories, presentation of scientific data, preparation of manuscripts as well as routine assistance with maintenance of laboratory instruments and inventories.
* Position will be posted in Lagos - candidate must be willing and able to travel, work and stay at other research sites in Nigeria including Kano, Ibadan, Ilorin and other future sites which may be in rural areas.
* Candidate may also be asked to occasionally travel internationally.
* Position will report directly to the director and will manage several medical laboratory scientists. The job requires a minimum of eight hours a day five days a week but appointees must be willing and flexible with work hours to accommodate project/program timelines.
* The successful candidates will have a strong background of research in Microbiology and Molecular and Cellular Biology especially in countries outside of Nigeria.
* Highly motivated and creative scientist with a, good publication record and strong interest in pursuing the molecular and cellular mechanisms that regulate immune responses and microbial virulence.
A competitive salary package will be offered based on experience and duration post completion of BSC.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please submit cover letter with research interests, curriculum vitae, name and e-mail address to foltonconsult