Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Routine extraction of high quality DNA from cassava accessions;
- Testing of quantity and quality of DNA;
- Preparation of DNA for outsourcing of DNA based assays;
- Analyse GBS results as routine identity confirmation of cassava accessions;
- Support the work of the postdoctoral fellow and other staff as required;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- B.Sc/HND in Plant Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in extraction of high quality DNA from plants.
- Experience in basic procedures and techniques in molecular biology.
- Have good communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Be safety and security precaution.
- Have good sense of cleanliness.
- Be a team player.