The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Research Supervisor - Kano.
Position / Responsibilities
- Assist set up and conduct field experiments and demonstrations including all aspects of data collection
- Maintain standard operating procedures.
- Supervise and lead harvest teams specializing in accurate sampling
- Organize and supervise general field activities
- Assist in distribution of labour and allocation of daily responsibilities
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Agronomist.
Minimum Qualification, Experience and Skills
- B.Sc/HND in Crop Production, General Agriculture, Horticulture or related discipline from a reputable institution
- Minimum experience of 3 years in a similar position
- Basic knowledge of crop management operations
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Team player
- Proficient in speaking, reading local language of the geographical area in which he/she is posted in order to communicate with farmers
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.