- Under the supervision of the Cassava Commodity Specialist, undertake project-related activities under the production component
- Assist in the implementation of approved on-farm and demonstration cassava trials
- Work with the IITA team, plan field days and training for youth and cassava farmers
- Supervise fertilizer and herbicide applications according to protocols
- Collect all relevant research and project data including contact details for out growers/ farmers e.g. location, quantities, and photographs
- Undertake scoring of Pest and Diseases
- Work with the IITA team to collate on a monthly basis a progress report
- Any other duty assigned by Cassava Commodity Specialist
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture with a major in plant Breeding, Agronomy, or a related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in cassava production.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- 2 years renewable contract