Ref. No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-031
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out genotyping of plant materials designed for various genetics analysis including linkage mapping, association studies and marker-assisted selection, genotyping will be done in lab using SNP, SSR and other types of marker;
- Carry out collection of leaf, tissues from the field, prepare DNA and RNA for next-generation sequencing, (GBS, RNAseq, etc.) and analyze genotypic data including linkage mapping, association studies, diversity analysis and expression analysis;
- Carry out quantitative real time PCR on light cycler and ABI instruments for genotyping and expression analysis;
- Carry out plant DNA/RNA isolation, DNA/RNA quality and quantity analysis and standard PCR amplification designed for genomic studies;
- Carry out gel electrophoresis and other cognate techniques;
- Carry out basic informatics analysis and use of web-based biological tools;
- Supervision and training of laboratory personnel and general administration/maintenance, of the laboratory;
- Carry out maintenance of accurate data record in database and laboratory notebooks;
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations of the Biotechnology Laboratory;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc./HND in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Microbiology or related field with 2 years’ relevant experience in molecular biology techniques.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Training in basic principles of Genetics.
- Skills in Q-PCR, SNP genotyping, genomic data analysis.
- Exposure in Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Some experience in Bioinformatics.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision willing to work longer hours when necessary.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Aapplicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.