Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist with all research activities for MARS population, aphid, drought, striga and bacterial blight resistance;
- Assist with field layout and infestation (bacterial blight, inoculums, striga seed etc.);
- Assist with data collection;
- Assist in fertilizer application and planting up to harvesting period and also supervision of casuals;
- Assist graduate students on research project as required;
- Drive and maintain breeding vehicles;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- OND in General Agriculture preferably crop production, crop protection or related field with At least two (2) years of relevant work experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be very detailed and highly organized.
- Have good time management skill
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to use a tablet or computer for data collection.
- Have good communication skill both oral and written
- Possess management skills
- Good critical thinking and interpersonal skill.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.