Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in laboratory research activities;
- Assist in field layout, planting crop management and data capture;
- Keeping up to date record of laboratory, screen house and field samples;
- Assist in cleaning, sorting and packaging seeds for planting in the screen house and field;
- Assist in experimental data collection, entry and processing;
- Assist in cleanliness and orderliness of laboratory, screen house and working areas;
- Assist the supervisor and guide casual worker in their daily assigned task;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- OND in Science Laboratory Technology or General Agriculture
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Basic training in laboratory, screen house or field activities.
- Good work planning and time management skills.
- Good Knowledge of basic computer software as well as ability to use tablets.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and pay attention to details.
- Ability to multitask, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work long hours and during weekends when needs arise.
- Good communication and driving skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.